Victoria Quay in action
Victoria Quay has committed to founding a new Toastmasters Club.
Our current membership has just reached 51. It is becoming difficult to give every member a fair opportunity to practise their speeches and the other important agenda roles. The new club will service interested people around Fremantle. It will attract our many current visitors and some of our current members. They will appreciate the greater opportunities available in the new and probably smaller club..
Fremantle Quaynote. It will meet at the Bowling Club on Monday evenings. We meet there on Wednesday. It will be an independent club. It will be closely connected to Victoria Quay. It will share the strong brand image which we currently have in Toastmasters and in Fremantle.
I discussed the idea with some key members as our numbers moved steadily up through the 40s.
At our first Business Meeting with our new Officers on July 13 I proposed the project. There was great interest and general agreement.
On Wednesday, July 20, we held a special meeting to finalise the project:
- President Ilija Jurin is spearheading the organisation.
- The full Officer group will comprise the New Club Committee.
- We agreed to fund the project and to apply to District 17 for financial support within their guidelines.
- Vice President Public Relations Andrew Moore will be handling publicity through Facebook and local newspapers.
- As Website Editor I will be using our website to publicise events.
- A team of members will be conducting a letterbox drop in target areas around Fremantle. This will be about one month before the Demonstration Meeting preoject for September 19.
- I will be a Club Founder and recruit another Founder and two Mentors. They will all acquire credit towards a DTM award.
If you want more information, or to offer help, contact Club President Ilija Jurin or Club Treasurer David Nicholas. David wrote the story.
In the meantime, come back regularly to Toastmasters Fremantle VQ
|Ilija’s email||David’s email|
|0455 570 011||0401 011 212|